Saturday 24 November 2012

Saturdays at Portobello Market

This is one of my favourite markets in town and the one I visited the most. I still remember how amazing was shopping in this vintage market the first time I visited to London in 2009 and how I felt the first time I walk through once I moved to Notting Hill, my first home in the city back in 2010. I lived in the neighbourhood nearly a year and I really enjoyed the huge amount of restaurants, cafes, pubs and clubs in the area. Even though most of them are posh and expensive, you can find good bargains like The Coronet Cinema on Mondays for only £3.50.

The best way is start the tour at Notting Hill Gate and finish at Ladbroke Groove. Halfway of the market you can treat yourself a sweet bite in the popular Hummingbird bakery, my friend Carmen favourite cupcakes. But If you want to avoid crowded places, you can enjoy a proper cup of coffee or a Mediterranean cuisine meal in CaffĂ© Respiro, right in Kensington Park Road.
For beer lovers you’ve got plenty of pubs all along Portobello Road, but girls you can’t miss a pint of strawberry beer at ThePrince Albert. Great pub with a beer garden for smokers right next to the station.

 
Definetly one of the things I will miss the most of London is the saturdays at Portobello Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment